Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This class is dedicated to doing what it takes to get ready for Friday's deadline. As you work on the site to improve it, don't change the layout unless you have a reason based on accessibility or usability. If the colors being used don't offer enough contrast, then try to keep the more dominant color if that seems to be part of the organization's identity.

Have you thought about looking for broken links?

Here are some tips for working with the files.

  • When working with your client site's style sheets, format them using a CSS beautifier such as Format CSS Online or Clean CSS. It's hard to work with style rules that are not formatted for human understanding.
  • You can format HTML using the Firefox validator plug-in in the lab. I think you can also use NoteTab Lite to format HTML. I found Tabifier online as well.
  • When I'm trying to make CSS work, I sometimes build a prototype—a simpler version of the page I'm trying to style. Once I get that working, I can move the style rules to the real page.
  • Validate the XHTML often.
  • Validate the CSS often, especially if you are trying to style something. It's so easy to miss a semicolon or a unit, or to misspell a property name and not see it no matter how much you look at the code.

I returned the quizzes that you took before the break. The distribution of scores is 20(3), 19, 14, 12(2), 8, 6, 4, 0. Average: 12.3.

So far, I'm planning to be available Thursday evening between 7:00 and 9:00.

Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Anonymous

No comments: